Sinister: all i wanted was to sing the saddest song...

Katrina House jeepster.uk at xxx.net
Mon Mar 30 17:28:38 BST 1998

> Message text written by ahalter
> >does anyone else hear songs that they absolutely love and yet cannot bear
> to listen to because the songs make them too sad? and which songs are
> these?<

My sad songs always seem to remind me of a particluar time in my (brief)
life which was particularly poignant.  The Boo Radley's compilation LP
"Learning To Walk" is one of those whole albums that's makes me teary,
especially the track which goes "you don't know how it feels to be
lonely, you don't know how it feels to be there, you can't understand
the pain inside, that which makes you feel alive, every broken moment,
makes you feel, the same ... *sob* ...none of my friends at school
understood the music i was listening to, so i kind of interpreted it in
a letter to them sort of way.  Whenever i get homesick, i play that and
David knows to stay well away until i'm all cheery again!

B&S which makes me sad is "Simple Things".  When we were at the matinee
gig in Manchester, i was relieved from sanding behind the merchandise
stall so that i could go and boogie down the front with Adriennne
(Stevie's girlfriend).  When i heard the first chord of Simple Things i
said to her "ooh, i love this song so much it makes me cry" and even
though it's such a short song, by the end of it my eyes had gone all
misty ... i felt a bit embarrassed, but i think she understood how i
felt.  The first time i heard that song was in a rehersal at the church
hall which Stuart let us sit in on.  i don't know if i was just overcome
with emotion at actually being allowed to be there, but i got all teary
when they played it, so maybe that's what i think of everytime i hear
the song ... hope to god it's on the LP.

byebye,
Katrina.
          jeepster recordings ltd. - jeepster.uk at virgin.net
            217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london, w10 5bn
               ph - 0181 964 9432, fax - 0181 964 8600