Sinister: all i wanted was to sing the saddest song...

Jason Heid jheid at xxx.edu
Mon Mar 30 18:52:05 BST 1998

> > Message text written by ahalter
> > >does anyone else hear songs that they absolutely love and yet cannot bear
> > to listen to because the songs make them too sad? and which songs are
> > these?<

more often I can no longer listen to a song because it becomes so heavy with
memory for me that to listen to it again is to find myself back in that moment
of time from which I was trying to distance myself.  and under that description
I would have to say "My Old Friend the Blues" by The Proclaimers, REM's "Strange
Currencies," anything on Marvin the album by frente! (except "Accidently Kelly
Street"), and Suede's "The Wild Ones"all these songs take me back to a past I'd
just as soon forget.