Sinister: sad songs say so much

John Jackson johnj at xxx.com
Mon Mar 30 19:33:01 BST 1998

Schaffenberger wrote:
> Songs?  At the moment, all that come to mind are things like "Please,
> Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want," the melodies of which draw forth
> painful early high school memories, crushes on boys and the like...

Yes, but what about it's appearance in Ferris Buellers Day Off, while
in the art gallery Cameron is staring at a painting of a boy..it's
very poignant moment, the music fits so well (it's an instrumental
version by the Dream Academy btw). That film is brilliant, it's funny
and then sad and it all WORKS.

JJ
xx