Sinister: i'll go and play with words and pictures...

Alan Prior AlanPrior at xxx.com
Mon Mar 30 20:45:15 BST 1998

Message text written by "jon g."
>Does anyone remember Pigeon Street?  It was a wicked cartoon, but no-one
apart from my Mum can remember it.
<

I think i remember this programme (and i'm not old). But by far and away
the best 80's kids TV programme was 'Dungeons & Dragons'. Yous must all
remember that, it was dead good. I always wanted to be the red-headed girl,
Sheila, cos she had a classy purple cape that made her disappear. I still
want one of those. What fun I could have... Also good was the mono-horned
skirt-wearing master of evil, Venger. He had a big black horse with wings.
All the boys were rubbish, though.
    I used to play at D&D in my street in Bellshill when I was wee (along
with Star Wars and He-Man & She-Ra) Ah, the memories...

I've just been listening to the Evening Session (for the first time in
ages) and the 'my first gig' thing was The Clash in Edinburgh in Jan. 1980.
How classy would that have been? I wish I could have been there then. Okay,
so I wasn't born 'till the July of that year, but that's not the point...
No one good plays here now. It's dead crap. But I'm moving to Glasgow in
September, so yay!!!

I just remembered some other sad songs; 'Faded Glamour' by Animals That
Swim, cos of the person it reminds me of and the beautiful words; 'The Wild
Ones' by Suede; and 'Like Dylan In The Movies' (yay! mentioned B&S) cos of
the bit, 'if we all went back to another time, i will love you over...'
WOW.

But enough of this meaningless blethering. I'll leave you to get on with
your sickeningly happy lives, safe in the knowledge that however bad it is
for you at the moment, I'm having a worse time...

Why did I have to leave this on a bad note? It was all going so well...Ah,
well. 'Till tomorrow, spacebots...

love and spangles,
Debbie xxx.

"But you know what your faded glamour does to me...It gets me every time"