Sinister: all i wanted was to sing the saddest song...

Madame Cholet barzy at xxx.com
Mon Mar 30 20:17:42 BST 1998

>> > Message text written by ahalter
>> > to listen to because the songs make them too sad? and which songs are
>> > these?<
>
>more often I can no longer listen to a song because it becomes so heavy with
>memory for me that to listen to it again is to find myself back in that moment
>of time from which I was trying to distance myself.  and under that description
>I would have to say "My Old Friend the Blues" by The Proclaimers, REM's
>"Strange
>Currencies," anything on Marvin the album by frente! (except "Accidently Kelly
>Street"), and Suede's "The Wild Ones"all these songs take me back to a past I'd
>just as soon forget.

It's funny but some songs, even from bands i'm not really into can kill me
sometimes...."Sunshine On Leith" by the Proclaimers is one....and
yesterday...I was driving down the 101 with my sunroof open (only because
it was WAY cloudy) and it started to sprinkle, just as Loreli by The Pogues
came on..and as the song got sadder and sadder...it started to rain harder
and harder..and i'd never noticed what a tragic song that was....never
thought twice about it.....must have looked funny....me driving in the rain
weeping my eyes out with my sunroof open, in rush hour traffic with Tinky
Winky grinning on my bumper......*sigh*

the onslaught of insanity me thinkest.

two straight jackets please...it's been cold lately.....

*sigh*

beth