Sinister: seven-to-eight-years-old, that's me

Yaz yazansam at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 30 23:36:29 BST 1998

a brightly coloured Bethey asked

>has anyone ever felt like they are in a belle and sebastian song?  this
has only ever happened to me a few times and it is the most marvellous
feeling.   it usually happens at school when i feel like, on occasion, a
social reject with many problems.  but the last time was actually with jon
last friday after school.  we were in the botanical gardens and i was in my
school uniform which seemed to just fit.  it was all sunny and pretty and
we were on a slapper walk, spotting all the local school slappers, and i
felt removed from them, which was nice.  i could even ger an ink polaroid
out of that.   has anyone else?

huh, I can beat that: me and my best friend have decided that one of our
friends (who shall remain nameless for fear of getting hit very hard with a
large blunt objet by said person) is actually....

Belle and Sebastian,
in a secret and cunning disguise,
or actually probably just Stuart Murdoch, because, apart from the fact that
she just is a very Belle-and-Sebastiany-type sweet and lovely person, she
also, as my best friend recently pointed out, speaks the way they do.

Take, for examople that line: who needs boys when there's Lisa around? It's
just sooo her.   I mean,  IT'S HER I TELL YOU, IT'S HER.

Meanwhile, John wrote:
>> Message text written by ahalter
> >does anyone else hear songs that they absolutely love and yet cannot
bear
> to listen to because the songs make them too sad? and which songs are
> these?<

>There aren't any songs that have that affect on me but I knew as soon as
I'd finished reading "Captain Correlli's Mandolin" that I had never read
anything so fantastic and that I could NEVER EVER read it again. I
always read books I love over and over but this was so intensely moving,
so vivid and glorious and yet tragic at the same time that I can't
imagine putting myself through the emotional mangle again. But I'm so
>glad to have read it once.

Um, Jude the Obscure, don't think i can ever read it again, or see the film
either...
But, song-wise, i can never, never, never listen to Black-Eyed Dog by Nick
Drake.  It just has to be the most horrific song ever written.  Does anyone
else (apart from me an' Steve Maconie) think so too?

alrighty,
byee

Yazz

"She's dying. Everywhere i go, she's dying"
Norman Macraig.