Sinister: Real sleaze

john wigham jwigham at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 31 10:23:13 BST 1998

This came up a couple of digests ago...

etc etc etc (various other things, like how it's ten times sleazier to
have gay sex than it is to laugh at a mentally handicapped person)

It's not very Belle & Sebastian, is it?  For goodness sake, real sleaze
is about dishonesty, exploitation or hurting people, not about who with,
how or where you have sex.  This sort of stuff is just the dark flipside
of uptight Christian moral values - haven't we got beyond this?  Don't
B&S lyrics just shine with the exact opposite - gentle acceptance of
whatever sexuality you're into?

Whatever gets you through the night...

John
xxxxxx (to everyone)