Sinister: Monica Queen/Thrum

afoley at xxx.com afoley at xxx.com
Tue Mar 31 12:21:01 BST 1998

I know I'm late in replying to this one, but I've been away for the past
week..up in Edinburgh, and what a fine city it is!  I had to sign off the
digest before leaving, and
this was one of the last ones I got, so i missed any replies if there were
any....

On 22 Mar 1998
Stephen_J._Wood at andyclin.exnet.com wrote:

>Monica is the singer for a Scottish band called Thrum. I know they've had
>mixed press on this list in the past, but in my opinion are/were one of
the
>best bands around, her singing with a big guitar/bass/drums line-up in a
>crazyhorse style.

When I first heard LLPJ I knew that voice was familiar, but couldn't think
where from.
Initially she reminded me of...(and don't chastise me for this because
she's a lot
better than some people may be aware of..in fact I think she's an
angel)....Maria
McKee.....There, I've said it now....Now I hear that Monica is in fact the
singer for Thrum, and I have seen this band, a few years ago now, maybe
even supporting Maria or
it may have been Grant Lee Buffalo...??
But all of these artists appear to have gone to seed, I do hope they are
all still
working on material as I'm very eager to hear new output from them all...So
anyone got
any news at all????  All info gratefully received.

Right that's enough from me, I'll shut up and get back in my box now.....

Ady