Sinister: Saddest Songs

Paige Rosella prosella at xxx.com
Tue Mar 31 16:38:58 BST 1998

It's been a while since a song made me tear up, but when I was in high school, "Verdi Cries" by 10,000 Maniacs used to do it to me every time.  There I'd be, driving though town, weeping like a child.  It still gets me misty every so often.

As to Bethey's question about feeling like you're in a Belle and Sebastian song - never that, but I have felt, on a rare occasion, like a Jane Austen heroine - the proud girl getting her comeuppance that leads to realization.

Eating a strawberry frosted pop-tart,
Paige