Sinister: B+S/pop/Art/Reggae

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Mar 31 19:34:43 BST 1998

>Well, this is becoming somewhat lengthy, so I'll leave it for now. My next
>idea is to match specific songs with works of art. Has anyone thought of
>what architecture might ring of B&S?

Whenever anyone mentions the fabled church hall where B&S rehearse and
record I automatically picture the church hall in Dad's Army, preferably
with the verger scurrying around in the background. No real reason, except I
don't think I've ever seen a real church hall. We had a non denominational
village hall instead. Cars were parked at owner's risk. It took me ages to
work out what that meant.

As of a week last Tuesday I am a huge reggae fan and always have been. Is
anyone familiar with a gentleman called Yabby You? I am considering a major
purchase, the 2 CD package, Jesus Dread 72-77. I think I'm going to buy it
anyway, but if someone could just tip me over the edge, I'd be grateful. I
bought The Congos on saturday, crazy name, crazy guys.

That stuff about sleaze - no one should have read it. Paul says we can't
send on jokes, and if we can't send them we can't read them either. I didn't
read it, and I'm a bit miffed that my attempt to avoid it has come to
nothing, thanks to it having been replied to. Humph. Mind you, that joke
about the sheep honking the horn was good.

The saddest song in the world? It's a toss up between I'd Rather Go Blind by
Rod Stewart and Go Now by Bessie Smith (I think). I can't think of any
others at the moment, but I'll inflict them on you as we go along, shall I?

Peter Far-I