Sinister: some words to read (or not)

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Tue Mar 31 20:41:24 BST 1998

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Alan Prior wrote:

> Message text written by "jon g."
> >Dungeons & Dragons was just scary.  Nothing else.<
>
> No, no, no....the plasticine raisin animated thing was, though (can't
> remember what it was called just now). I was very scared of that when i was
> wee. still don't like raisins. they're all icky and must be sad cos they
> used to be grapes but now they're all shriveled up and embarrased...

  THE CALIFORNIA RAISINS.  Were they a cartoon or claymation?  I don't
remember an animated series, but i think they were an advertising
campaign for, erm, California raisins.  My Granny, who sometimes gives
very cool gifts (muted blue hoodies-- zip up hooded sweatshirts, that
is-- and the like), once sent my younger brothers California Raisins
shirts when I was in the fourth grade.  Maybe because she lived in
California (in the same suburb of LA as Tina Yothers of FAMILY TIES) at
the time?  why am I telling you people this?  I'm embarassed now.

  -Kristen