Sinister: Tonite we all made love in London

Keith Watson keithmwatson at xxx.com
Tue Mar 31 22:29:06 BST 1998

People wanted to know what happened in London, so I guess I'll do a
little run down. Let me stress however first that this is NOT an ink
polaroid - ink polaroids are for people who pick flowers, listen to
the smiths and cry at the sun going down... probably.

  Arrived in London at about 8:30, had to skive off work early so's we
could get into London before the offy shut, so we got some cans and
had a quiet time in my mate's brother's flat. Which incidentally is in
Lambeth - in fact on "Lambeth Walk" which the kids around there do.
Looks like that street's 15 minutes of fame passed quite some time ago.

  Next day we went into the town and wandered around buying CD's and
stuff, drinking tea as you do, generally chilling out. Later on
though, we all met up in Stephen's Poetry Cafe - where Mr.Trousers
rules the roost, lays down the law. He's the head honcho, the top dog,
the big cheese, numero uno. Had a couple of beers and popped round the
corner for a nice Italian, Susannah and her flatmate Emma turn up.
Emma called Tag "Tagnuts" lots. Which I don't think impressed Tag
much. Also we get to meet Trousers friend Erlend - or is it Dennis
Pennis... who we're joking about, until later he gets up and goes
"Right, I'm off to see the Warm Jets and I'm going to pretend I'm
Dennis Pennis to get in on the guest list" which was well funny. Later
on we just pile back off to the Poetry cafe and drink more bouze.

  The next day we meet up at the same place and then go for a curry.
We all had a nice curry, and one of them was especially salty. Tag ran
off just before the meal and brought back Kelly, which I thought was a
neat trick, was lovely to meet you Kelly.

  Later on we pile off to "Where it's at" which is a club, that plays
a weird mix of those curazeee indie guitar backs, and occassionally
something that ROCKS. That's not Pop. It's ROCK, like Motorhead and
Aerosmith. They were really good, even if they didn't fit into my pop
world. We tried to get the bloke to play Belle and Sebastian, he did
have them, but he wouldn't play it, he wanted to ROCK, and who could
blame him... well I bet there's a few on the list who would actually.

  What Tag didn't mention about the bloke whom I asked if he "ruled",
was that he actually tried to explain to me that he didn't "rule" and
why he didn't "rule", he said it was because it was the first time
he'd been there - so I explained to him that he probably did "rule"
cause it was my first time there and I "ruled".

  Susannah has a great drunken idea at this point to go to Heathrow
with David and Katrina, so we all pile off onto the bus, but we only
get as far as Hammersmith, by this point we've decided that the idea
is shit - so off we go to David and Katrina's flat happily singing
songs by Sally Oldfield. There's a beautiful view of London from their
flat... I almost discovered my sensitive side there. But I didn't
actually discover it, because I don't have one.

  The last night I spent having a meal with Susannah, her flatmate and
her flatmate's sister to celebrate Susannah's birthday which was
really nice. Unfortunately we completely took the piss out of the shit
artwork in the place and later discovered that the barman did it.
Oops, never mind. Both the bar staff and the taxi driver were treated
to loud drunken renditions of a Century of Fakers - which I think they
liked...

  The next morning Susannah and I did the sleaze quiz, which Susannah
beat me by 6 points. I got 101, but I'm not saying what Susannah got
cause I don't think she'd like people to know.

  And that was pretty much it. Sorry that mail wasn't funny enough.
Tag sneaked in early and poached all the funny bits - even before I'd
got home! Cheeky Bastard!

Love Keith.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the trip, and special thanks to
Susannah for "having" me.