Sinister: songs that you shouldn�t like!

Lindsay Sworski lsworski at xxx.edu
Fri May 1 02:55:58 BST 1998

Schaffenberger wrote:

>   Also, a song by the Sundays that is always playing on the radio that
> goes, "You and me in the summmmmertimmmme, and (more lyrics that I don't
> know)..."
>   Neither are really terrible songs, but, honestly, how can I maintain my
> indie rock persona with songs like these stuck in my head?? :)

i know what song your talking about!!  i heard it for the first time
playing on speakers at the gas station as i was fueling my beast (a
beat-up volvo with no breaklights, a missing window covered by ducktape,
and a bumper tied on by bootstrings) and i instantly loved it!!! so
strange, i have no idea who sings it, and yes it seems like something
that should annoy me, but i think it is so happy... it also says
something about a twinkle in your eye too i think...

what is this indie rock persona bullshit?  i know you were kidding, but
do you know people that really have one?  scary...

Sarah, no my uncle Slick is not a cowboy but its a funkycool name huh?
He's my uncle by marriage and hes black or african american or whatever
wont offend someone, but instead of listening to Al Green or something
his superslick name would imply, him and my aunt like to clog!  you
know, dance with wooden shoes!  Man, i guess i have a more cultured
family than i realized...

do you notice i like to end every thought with...

Everybody, Aya is a really cool person.  she answered my
amimal/color/water question and i have ascertained that she is very well
rounded and adjusted individual.  please send me more, i like figuring
people out...

um, you guys might like to know that i have a huge midterm tomorrow
morning and i am of course choosing this time to write senseless rubbish
to strangers.  my roommate brought home this guy tonight and she played
him B&S (kinda like a screening test, ya know) and we started dancing
around like minnie mouse on crack and we tryed to get him to dance but
he wouldn't.  Then i told him about this mailing list and the picnics
and how i thought it was cool, blah blah, already liking people you
havent met, blah blah, and he told me its that same mentality that
Hitler used.  WHAT?!!!!  Like i was Conforming by joining to people who
i dont really know, who could kill babies but i like them just because
we like the same music.  What world do i live in!!!?  somebody help me.
He sure pissed on my rainbow...

by the way, i dont think i can make the LA picnic on such short notice
either, but i really hope we have another - id like to thank beth
personally. i found this cool little book in a thrift store a while ago
from 1912 titled "Just Be Glad."  heres a sample of text: "Just be
glad.  Whether there is anything to be glad for or not, just be glad."
the whole book is kinda like this.  sounds slightly scary to me, but
hey...

i really must go.  thats it, im just gonna go.  no good byes or
anything.  im just gonna go.  oh yeah, my pervailing theme...   ...

oh im such a kidder, huh?
.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa