Sinister: songs that you shouldn�t like!

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Fri May 1 14:21:09 BST 1998

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Lindsay Sworski wrote:

> what is this indie rock persona bullshit?  i know you were kidding, but
> do you know people that really have one?  scary...

  Of course I was kidding.  And the only people I knew with such personas
were in early high school.

> do you notice i like to end every thought with...

  No..... there is a guy...... on another mailing list...... who
fragments his thoughts...... with hundreds of dots......  Gives me a
giant...... headache.......

> Everybody, Aya is a really cool person.  she answered my
> amimal/color/water question and i have ascertained that she is very well
> rounded and adjusted individual.  please send me more, i like figuring
> people out...

  I missed the animal/color/water question.  Post it again?  Oh please oh
please oh please?

> um, you guys might like to know that i have a huge midterm tomorrow
> morning and i am of course choosing this time to write senseless rubbish
> to strangers.  my roommate brought home this guy tonight and she played
> him B&S (kinda like a screening test, ya know) and we started dancing
> around like minnie mouse on crack and we tryed to get him to dance but
> he wouldn't.

  What a nice roommate.  My suitemate snuck into my room at three am to
try to finish a paper.  She was still banging away at the keyboard
when I left at eight.  She does this with every major paper and
exam... starts them the night before when she's had all semester to
prepare.  I'm guilty too, I do the same thing.  Yet she recently took
from 7PM to 4AM to write a four page paper which she had already
outlined and researched.  A little slow, the girl is. The more I avoid
schoolwork, the more negative I become.

Then i told him about this mailing list and the picnics
> and how i thought it was cool, blah blah, already liking people you
> havent met, blah blah, and he told me its that same mentality that
> Hitler used.  WHAT?!!!!  Like i was Conforming by joining to people who
> i dont really know, who could kill babies but i like them just because
> we like the same music.  What world do i live in!!!?  somebody help me.
> He sure pissed on my rainbow...

  That's terrible!!!  Just give some sinisterines his name and address,
and we'll take care of him... heh heh heh (insert sinister laugh here)

>  i found this cool little book in a thrift store a while ago
> from 1912 titled "Just Be Glad."  heres a sample of text: "Just be
> glad.  Whether there is anything to be glad for or not, just be glad."
> the whole book is kinda like this.  sounds slightly scary to me, but
> hey...

  My friend and I found this tiny book called "The Little Red Schoolbook"
at her university library a couple years ago.  It contained explanations
of drugs and sex and whatnot using the slang that was current at the time
of publication.  My favorite bit was on "dirty old men," who were
explained away as generally harmless and usually lonely, horny people.
We shared this with our friends at work, and we all laughed hysterically
together.

  Now I will go eat breakfast and begin my studies.  As I write my
loooong paper about John Donne, I will listen to DOW.

  XOXO to all of you, and apologies for my negativity.  After finals, I
think the majority of this list will return to happy bunnydom.

  Love,
  Kristen > >