Sinister: Pills, Chills and Terry Waites

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Fri May 1 16:42:14 BST 1998

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 afoley at csc.com wrote:

> And what's all this talk of Hopkirk and Lee, the only Hopkirk I know used to be
> with Randall and he was deceased anyway......

Vic & Bob are said to be starring in a re-make of this.  Scripts by
Charlie Higson off of The Fast Show (source: Teletext, so it's probably
bollards)

> Back on the housmartins thing again, that norman cook bloke who
> played bass(?) doesn't he go under that slimboy fatty name tag now?

His real name is Quentin Cook.  I know I've posted this before to the
list, but the fact needs repeating as often as possible.

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Stein Vegusdal wrote:

> Last sunday i met Teenage Fanclub after a gig in Oslo - Norway, where

TFC are truely lovely chaps.  A couple of years ago, I went down to London
for the day (to see David Letterman recording... oh, the shame).  As it
turned out, that day the fannies were doing an instore in HMV on Oxford
Street.  So we went to see them, and when they did the signing bit, I
asked them to write a postcard to a friend of mine.  They obliged, and my
friend still has the card pinned to her wall with the message "Hi Dawn!
It's Norm here from Teenage Fanclub.  We're hanging out in London with
Rod."

Norm Blake is like Duglas Stewart -- It's impossible to listen to their
between song banter without breaking into an enormous cheesey grin!

I went to the Beltane Festival thing last night, but due to being on
antibiotics at the moment, I was unable to drink anything.  Boy, was that
a bizarre experience!  Last year, when I was off my face, it all made
perfect sense.  Last night, I was wandering around wondering what,
exactly, the naked red blokes represented, and whether the other naked
blokes were green or blue.  Them pagans really knew how to throw a party.

What's everyone's favourite drugs?  My vote goes to "Disprol Soluble
Paracetemol Tablets for Children".  All the goodness of paracetemol, and
they taste (and fizz) like orange Refreshers.

And so, tibet.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |
.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa