Sinister: Picnics: Preston and otherwise

Hopkins T t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Fri May 1 17:34:55 BST 1998

Yes indeedy folks, the Preston picnic was top, the company was great and,
while it didn't rock, it P!O!P!P!E!D! like the billy-o.
Leaning up agains a barrier at the bus station and smoking a cigarette, I
was doing my best to look like Phil Ochs off the front of 'All The News
That's Fit To Sing', but suspected I looked like Jack Duckworth off the back
of a lorry. Sarah didn't seem to mind too much.
I provided the sandwiches and Sarah provided the tasty crisps and bourbon
(biccies), and we sat in the park and talked about you lot and stuff.
It was cool.
At the pub, we laughed and rudely pointed at the Evillest Woman In The
World, and by accident we met my friends Steve and Zoe, who are cool. Zoe
owns a Tigermilk, which she bought from Sister Ray last summer for eight
pounds, so whilst we like her, we also resent her ever so slightly. But
that's another Tigermilk for the register.

Is anyone maintaining the register?

We had a top time and you all missed it. What we saw of Arab Strap was fine,
we could even hear some of the words. They are indeed a disgrace to Falkirk.
We might have anohter Belle and Sebastian Preston picnic when Jad Fair plays
in a few weeks time. Any of you north westerners fancy it? Eh? Nothing
better for rounding off a picnic evening than hearing an American singing
like a strangled chicken, I always think.

Oh, one more thing. Miller wrote:
	>Thank you Sarah for your entertaining story about a night out with
Fatty Bum
	>Bum in Preston. The Preston Picnic obviously ROCKED and has more me
much
	>more jealous than any of the others.

I know for A FACT (ie I've just made it up) that there were at least twenty
subscribers to this list from Spain, and they all left immediately the idea
of the picnics arose. Half because they couldn't afford the money to meet
Miller's legendary appetite for Twiglets, and half because they couldn't
stand the thought of his smell.

Have a cool weekend kids, and don't engage in any rockist activities without
checking it out with the list first.

Cheers

Tim
.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa