Sinister: Re: sir stuff a lot

Amy Golden goldenchld at xxx.com
Sun May 3 07:56:34 BST 1998

Bradford basically wrote:
>i spent a lovely day at work today with some old toothless fucker
<snip> it took twenty minutes to give him a seven digit number.

Pardon if I lag on my digests.  Just had to reply to our directory
assistance operator, 'cause I used to do that job summers while I was in
college.  We used to get this guy who called asking for the number of
"Big Dick Liquors."  When he got neither a rise nor a number out of the
operator he would keep trying.  "What about 'Hard Dick Liquors,' and
every other permutation a dirty little mind can think up.  The funny
thing was that most of us would helpfully offer the listing for "Ball
Liquors" (a real establishment!), but he never 'got it'.  What a dope.
But Bradford, for something really interesting you should consider being
the zero op, where you spend an incredible percentage of your time
talking to prison inmates.  They've worked out a system of chirping,
whistling, & blowing raspberries into the horn, which amazingly can
trick a pay phone into believing they've deposited coins.  When they
aren't successful they drop onto the operator's line.  One time I got
this guy who was so carried away w/ his sound effects that he failed to
dial a number.  He had something like $11 of credit racked up.  I just
sat there listening to his antics till he finally stopped & I asked if
he was done.
Well I guess I'd better be done too, except to say that I enjoyed the
Housemartins & once got in trouble at my conservative (religious) high
school for writing "Take Marx, take Jesus, take hope" on the blackboard
during Spanish class.
Hasta...
Amy
PS:  whoever devised that little church as a sig file is a clever thing.

.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa