Sinister: jon g. and the latest happenings in the playground

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Sun May 3 09:36:51 BST 1998

HEY KIDS!

I've been trying not to spend my whole life writing to the list and actually
doing some work towards my exams, but today, I could not resist the urge.

Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 19:13:54 +0100
From: "Yaz" <yazansam at xxx.uk>
Subject: Sinister: But miss....Queries
>love from Yaz (who every time she turns on the radio and hears that soddin
>Rockin' Robbie-i-am-a-big-fat-twat-William's song can't help but be mildly
>surprised that the man knows a word as long as...... "effigy").  Tis true.

That song IS from an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical - I swear it is.  Like
Jesus Christ Superstar or summit.  Have you seen the video?  He's trying to
be like Kiss, with painted faces and he wears this lycra one-piece with the
belly cut out, so his hairy fat belly hangs out.  It is most revolting.

>Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 16:28:52 -0400 (EDT)
>From: blink at xxx.net
>Subject: Sinister: Hey baby,wanna see some Belle and Sebastian?
>do you think this would work as a pick-up line?

jon drools.

Johnny-boy Johnston wrote:
>Songs you shouldn't like....."As long as you love me" by the Backside
>Boys - I can't explain it.

A playground favourite.  They're so gorgeous aren't they?

NO

Katrina wrote
>"got lots of snow patrol gossip if anyone's interested tho'! ..."
I turned on the evening session and heard steve lamacq saying "and that's
snow patrol's new single: bkjbkjsbjbs'.  DRAT!  Foiled Again!

B&S Content:
Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be.....Stuart Murdoch.
The audience clap as he disappears into the smoke and reappears as Stuart
Murdoch.  With a belly.  And going bald.  With spots.  And a broken nose.

YES!  B&S on Stars In Their Eyes (apologies to none-UK people who won't
understand that Stars In Their Eyes is a programme in which middle-aged
housewifes from Derby and unemployed builders fromm Hull dress up as their
idols and sing songs.  It's horriffic (spelling?))

You've probably already had this conversation, but I'll bring it up again.

Picnics:
I think us kids should have our own picnic, as bethey suggested.  I don't
think my Mum would let me come and meet all the grown ups.  It would be too
scary anyway.  And me and bethey would sit on the grass and smile and say
nothing.

Isn't the new Arab Strap album good?  The covers a bit confrontational for
my liking, but I suppose it's art.

Johnny-boy Johnston also said:
>I've been thinking about the picnics and I think we should have a
>password when  we meet so that we know we are with the right people like
>in spy movies. I'm sure on the day in fact it will be obvious who the
>Sinister lot are - we'll be the gorgeous ones with cheerleaders and
>marching bands, oh and some belle and sebastian t-shirts. But I still
>think a hidden codeword would add some spice, and a further frisson of
>excitement to the occasion.

Let's have a secret handshake as well.

I haven't really said much, have I?  It's all replies.

bethey has read High Fidelity (she's camping this weekend!!!!) and she has
developed this theory that she may be the way she is because of the music
she listens to.  Like, she's only the girl in the second verse of Fox In
t'snow because that's what Stuart Murdoch has made her.  Does the music we
listen to match up with our lives (get me away from here, i'm dying) or do
our lives match up with our music?  Scary stuff.

Camcorder home movies can be so much fun for all the family.

When do you think the B&S tribute band will happen?  And what will they be
called?  The Sinister Belles maybe.

back to the grindstone,

jon g.
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://surf.to/jongandbethey/

.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa