Sinister: Tigermilk (Clearing things up)

David Walker david.walker15 at xxx.net
Sun May 3 17:56:36 BST 1998

Hello,
I would like to clear a few things up regarding my previous post.

1. I wanted a copy of "Tigermilk" on tape. I was going to put it on a
recordable CD (this process apparently takes 3 hours !) to save me
having to keep it on tape. My tape player eats tapes and a copy would
last a fortnight.

2. It is costing me an Inspiral Carpets milk bottle (down to my last 2
now) to get it copied.

3. I was never intending to bootleg it at all. Merely recording it on to
CD as opposed to cassette. Is there a difference between different
recording medias ? Where does mini disc stand ? So many people have had
cassettes copied for them - are they too going to be threatened by legal
action by Jeepster ? If I was going to be starting a widespread
bootlegging operation (which would be hard without any relevant
equipment) would I really have advertised so blatantly this fact,
knowing full well that people close to the band are on this list ? When
I referred to copying, I meant onto tape cassette. I would have thought
a master copy on CD would have been better to tape off than continually
using tapes (I know owners of originals don`t play theirs often).

4. Finally, could I say how shocked I was when I got this in my mailbox:

"Dear David,
Please note that it is illegal to bootleg onto CD, and that if you are
found to be breaking the law in this way, Jeepster will not hesitate to
take legal action against you."

Not EMI, or Warners, or Polygram. But Jeepster.
Thanks, you made my day (not).

Cheers,
David (Feeling down and a bit disillusioned).

.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa