Sinister: Tigermilk (Clearing things up)

John Jackson johnj at xxx.com
Sun May 3 19:45:18 BST 1998

David Walker wrote:

> 4. Finally, could I say how shocked I was when I got this in my mailbox:
>
> "Dear David,
> Please note that it is illegal to bootleg onto CD, and that if you are
> found to be breaking the law in this way, Jeepster will not hesitate to
> take legal action against you."

I agree with you. I have had arguments with list members involved with
the record company but still never received plausible answers.
WHY is it illegal to put Tigermilk on CD but tapes are ok? I don't
believe this at all. I'm sure David here wasn't attempting to sell
them to anyone. And as far as I know, Tigermilk was on Electric Honey
Records, not Jeepster. So I'd like to know what the connection here
is. And I don't want to hear rubbish about 'protecting the band's
interest'. My cassette copy is good enough for me to nip down to a
pressing plant and run off some copies, if I could afford it, or wanted
to, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I won't.

So come on, someone say something interesting about this. Don't be all
shy and quiet.

JJ

.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa