Sinister: Tigermilk (Clearing things up)

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Sun May 3 22:00:38 BST 1998

> > Please note that it is illegal to bootleg onto CD,

'home taping is killing music, and it's illegal' blah blah blah. D'you
remember when we oldsters regaled against these idiotic messages on the
inner covers for LPs? Oh how we laughed... killing music indeed. ah
well, anything to help the bugger on it's way and all that. Quite
simply, unless education starts coming into it, it is illegal to make a
copy of someone elses work, full stop. It doesn't matter a buggery if,
in the case of recorded music, it's being copied onto cassette tape
(ferric, metal, or otherwise), reel to reel tape, CD, mini-disc, ZIP
disc or bloody wax roller thingy doo-dah. I agree that it's appaling
that a label like Jeepster should start making such awful threats to
FANS, and i hate to say that because i still love you Katrina :-) and
David and everyone...

And JJ is right, there's a load of us with copies on mini-disc, tape and
whatever that could, if we wanted, go down a dodgy pressing plant and
get Tigermilk bootlegged. Some kid with a CDR is NOT going to be a
threat. It's going to be laughable in a few years time when CDRs are
standard on PCs... it'll just take over from cassette tapes. Big deal.

So come on jeepster, stop playing it by the muddled record company bad
guys rules and start seeing things as they really are. After all, the
kids are alright :-)

(if a bit apathetic. hugs to Sarah)

keep your eyes on the ball.

the duke

--
i'm not brave, i'm not special, i'm not any of those things.

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net

.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa