Sinister: Pastels/Preston/Pish/Picnic

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sun May 3 17:56:53 BST 1998

Keithy Weithy wroted:

>Oh and Peter, just to make you more jealous of the Money Mark experience -
>you'll never guess, we were privelaged enough to be able to stand NEXT TO
>THE PASTELS.... ALL THROUGH THE GIG!!!! Wow - I'll never wash my clothes
>again.

Aaah, the halcyon days of standing next to the Pastels at gigs! I haven't
had that experience since Dinosaur Jr downstairs at Barrowlands in 1492. If
my memeory serves me well, someone (not me) said "there's that spazzy Pastel
guy" thus earning us evil glares from his sycophantic herd of pop pals. Of
course, I could be making it all up.

One fine day I will learn how to answer more than one message at once,
cutting and pasting I believe it's called. In the meantime, Tim said
something about Spanish picnics in between raining insults upon me as usual.
Jolly good idea, who's up for it?  Most Iberian listees seem to hail from
the Mediterranean area, Barcelona and Valencia in particular, and I'm in the
jolly old Basque Country. I therefore think we should make it as
inconvenient as possible for everyone. How about the DoƱana National Park in
Huelva? We could play Twister in the acid-drenched radioactive mud and eat
tons and tons of contaminated peaches until we get tummy ache.

Staying on a Tim tip, I went to look for some of his reggae-mendations
yesterday. I found precisely NONE of them, so I bought Volume 2 of "Birth of
Soul" by Various Artists. What a lovely album it is. I urge you all to rush
out and buy it. Breathtakingly beautiful stuff, and an essay that touches on
the meaning of P!O!P! inside the lavishly illustrated booklet. I have also
been called a freak for insisting on purchasing CDs that last at least 70
minutes, preferably 78, regardless of their contents. I broke my own rule by
buying the miserly 62 minutes of Cappadonna's album too. I'm afraid I
couldn't resist it. It sounds pretty good to me, but then what the fuck
would I know?

I think I should warn you (or some of you) that I may be paying a visit to
the Emerald Isle of England's Green and Pleasant Land before too long. I may
get the urge to try and follow some of you about in person, rather than by
e-mail, although I doubt it because I am poor, but some of you might like to
buy gas masks just in case, particularly in the Scotland region of England.
Pish! Pish! Pish!

I hope you've all had a good listen to the stunning vocal abilities of
Paul's cat.

Pierre Cardin

.                 Nee nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa