Sinister: busting a move

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Mon May 4 18:14:01 BST 1998

i'm horribly hurt that i was not listed as i high poster.  i feel that i
should post much more often, despite the fact that i may not have anything
to share.  i figure that's incidental.  because it is my goal to prove that
i have no social life, and i will not rest until i can do so.  it seems
that lately there just hasn't been that much mail, so i get bored easily
and then start badgering people in the chatroom.  so i'll make some
statistics.

60% of the top ten posters come into the chatroom regularly.  ok, that's
only one statistic.  oh well, nevermind.

i think i'm only at thirty or something, so i'm going to seriously have to
work on this.  also, isn't it funny that the magnetic fields were such a
big topic?  i'm rather impressed really.  for those of you who don't know
them, i'd suggest listening to them cause they're absolutely wonderful, and
all their stuff is available in the uk now, so you have no excuses.  and
ask number 1 poster keith, he'll be sure to tell you.  cause apparently, he
can't stop talking.

in some b&s-ey content, the other night i went to see elliott smith at nyu.
so i'm standing around talking to my friend for an hour and listening to
sinister!  and lazy line painter jane!  i got so excited that i went up to
find out whose cds they were.  i know it seems silly in a city like nyc
where it's the top selling cd of 1997 at other music, but i somehow feel
the need to meet any and all b&s fans.  so i met the guy (scott i think?
oh dear, i forgot) and his roommate is on the list!!!!  woohoo, we're
taking over!  so hey, you!  i know who you are, so you'd best pipe up now!
that's how to get the kids talking.

ok, that's a fairly respectable post.  some content, some criticism, some
humor for the kids (yes, there was humor, go find it!) and all rather
concise.  honey gave me carte blanche to talk shit anyway, so may as well
use it.  i love you all!!!

xox
megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu