Sinister: Ixnay with the Igertay Ilkmay

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Mon May 4 20:42:06 BST 1998

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Honey wrote:
> David and Katrina have left the list now, which I think is a pity but
> I guess they have their reasons - tangling the list up with
> Jeepster's official position was always a problem and nice though a
> job is, it's hard when it gets mixed up with your friends.

Are their news-announcements still going to appear?  Or should all be
subscribing to the NewsList too?

> <sensible trousers off>

Nice boxers!

Oi!  I was "roddddddd at null.net" for a while as well (and anything with
"ceerab@" or "R.A.Begbie" at the head of it).  I demand a recount.

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Alan Prior wrote:

> have it in july! on my birthday! when i'll be 18!!!

Well, we might allow you to drink alcopops at the picnic, then!  I bet
you're excited at that prospect.

> or maybe not cus its
> right before T in the Park. So whos comin to that then?

Me!  Got my ticket on Saturday (oooh, it's sparkly), so I'll be wandering
around all weekend in my "Helen Love" t-shirt again :)

> the line up is *so*
> classy ths year, all my favourite peeps (bernard butler. garbage,
> spiritualised) and its not as if any of them are gonna bother playing here.
> bastards.

Miles better than the shambles two years ago (Ricky Ross, Barenaked Ladies
and Alanis Morissette playing the main stage).  My only concern is Garbage
and Natalie Imbrooglywoogly are both third billing on Sunday on their
respective stages -- However will I decide who to see?

Did anyone see the quote in the papers about why they chose to hold the
festival during the World Cup Final weekend?  It was the only weekend they
could guarantee Scotland wouldn't be playing.  hehe.

> so, heres the question: do i go and see urusei yatsura on the 18th even
> though i've got my last exam the next day? oh, they're such honeys... i
> dunno.

Of course.  Passing exams is for L00SERS!  Dr0P-0Ut5 R00L!!!

#1 Cheesecake.  That's how I heard the lyrics too.  But then again, I came
up with "balloon effigy", so my opinion is very much null and/or void.

> ah, well, better get back to dylan thomas. bleugh. exam on wednesday.

Good luck, and that.

On Sun, 3 May 1998 blink at inexpress.net wrote:

> ack!
> they are starting shooting for the Grey Owl in Wakefield tomorrow!
> Pierce Brosnan! I'm freaking out over this now....
>  this would be the PERFECT oppurtinty to try out my B&S pick-up lines...and
> you know what else,tomorrow is my lucky day...

Kewl!  Make sure and ask him what it was like to be on Muppets Tonight.

To the tune of Goldfinger: "Piiiiierce Brosnan (bwah-bwaah-bwaaaah), He's
the guy, the guy with the clocks that fly. He just clocked that guy."

Quality.

I'm keeping out of the whole 'lait de tigre' (thanks for that, babelfish)
scandal, cause my views have been posted before.  But if you want a
copyright-related giggle, here's a clipping from the latest NTKnow
(http://www.ntk.net)

         The BPI this week discovered that RealAudio streams *could*
         be recorded, after all. Shocked, *shocked*, by this
         discovery, and feeling betrayed by assurances that Web
         users could never in a million years have worked out what
         that "Line Out" socket was for, they immediately demanded
         compensation from all the music Websites. In a typically
         brave stand, the BBC shut down all their Radio 1 RA
         streams. We're just hoping no-one snitches to the BPI about
         that "taping the John Peel Show off the radio onto a C60"
         scam.
         http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/listeningbooth/listeningbooth.html
                        - FLASH! BBC closes down all RealAudio streams!
         http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/listeningbooth/
                - UPDATE! Wily hackers find secret backdoor to RA files!
            "We never imagined directories could be listed", say experts
         http://www.focus-asia.com/home/mad96/cracks.htm
               - go on, just intercept the data going to your sound card

And finally, a recommended URL (also pinched from NTKnow): Bizarre Stuff
You Can Make in Your Kitchen -- http://freeweb.pdq.net/headstrong/

Remember, you can run, but you can't hide your legs.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |