Sinister: joe strummer

Bramleys bramly at xxx.uk
Mon May 4 21:17:05 BST 1998

>On a topic unrelated to anything , the clash. londons burning with
>boredom now. i say LET the city burn!!!! then people might relaise
>theres MORE to england! if Scotland and Wales get an assembly, the NORTH
>wants one, let London fuck itself up and not the rest of us!

oh yes, the clash.  my mother has just started catching up on her 'lost
years' in music which are the 80s.  so she's got london calling in the car.
quite good actually.  we met joe strummer on holiday in spain a few years
ago.  because i was like, 10, i didn't know who he was - he was just this
weirdo.  one time he shouted up to my mum on the balcony "got any brandy
anne baby?" and i seem to remember finding that very funny.  he had an
absolute slapper of a wife and his children were called swish things like
Jazzy.  he was very polite though.  if i'd have known who he was i'd have
understood.

so that's my clash knowledge

bethey