Sinister: fudging lyrics

eeyore's tail conform at xxx.edu
Tue May 5 04:56:46 BST 1998

  i think i'll stick with the printed version of most of the lyrics
you've mentioned here... but there are some truly undeniable alterations
of the printed versions.  most noatable to me is in "seeing other
people", where we see:

   you're going to have to change
   or you're going to have to go with girls
   you might be better off
   at least they know what they're doing

  but we hear the infinitely more scandalous:

   you're gonna have to change
   or you're gonna have to go with girls
   you'd be better off
   at least they know *where to put it*

  this is the version on the album as well as the bbc (radcliffe?)
sessions i have heard.

   seamus

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Yaz wrote:

> Okay boys and girls:
>

> Lisa's kissing men like a long walk home
>
> right, i coulda SWORN this was   "kissing me like a long harpoon".  ie  like
> a sort of huge great big tongue-fest.    or was that just me?
[SNIP]