Sinister: Sand in my joints

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon May 4 17:37:24 BST 1998

>edinburgh picnic! i'm scared of beaches. and i'll end up with bits of
>gravel and beasties and stuff appearing on me for the next month... where's
>Braid Hills? Sorry, i've only lived near embra for a bit over 10 years...
>still don't know where anywhere is...
>have it in july! on my birthday! when i'll be 18!!! or maybe not cus its
>right before T in the Park. So whos comin to that then? the line up is *so*
>classy ths year, all my favourite peeps (bernard butler. garbage,
>spiritualised) and its not as if any of them are gonna bother playing here.
>bastards.
>last year i got one of the buses there and back each day and on the way
>back at night (on my own) the bus broke down and i got lost in the middle
>of nowhere. 'twas v. scary.

Debbie, didn't you say you lived in Liberton or something - cause Braid
hills is kind of right next to there, it's the hills behind Blackford hill
where the Royal Observatory is, Braid hills road runs between Alwnickhill
and pretty much Morningside road. I thought it'd make a nice place to go,
although I'm not altogether too sure cause it may be tricky getting people
there, or more tricky - getting them back, as I guess there aren't many
taxis passing there. So I guess Portobello Beach may be the best bet,
There's also Holyrood park, which is the most sensible option, but it's a
bit boring anyway. In any case, if we do go to the beach, we can build
sandcastles - really nice ones, and then later on we can just kick 'em all
down again in a sort of arty create-destroy-rebuild thing. Which is a bit
like the We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed thingy.

    If anyone can make any suggestions about where to have one in Edinburgh
then please let me know. I suggest we have one pretty soon anyway, no point
hanging around - life's too short.

    Who'd be interested in coming to an Edinburgh one anyway, lets assume
for arguments sake we do it in about a months time.

    Incidentally, I had to post this letter cause MILLER cheated himself by
posting a letter to the list *about* the fact that I cheated. And
incidentally, it wasn't a :-) MILLER, it was a ;-) - a *wink*, that's right,
I once winked at a pastels gig.

    Cheers,
        Keith.