Sinister: rockin' like mad pig in a barrel

Alan Prior AlanPrior at xxx.com
Tue May 5 11:09:57 BST 1998

Message text written by Rod Begbie
>Miles better than the shambles two years ago (Ricky Ross, Barenaked Ladies
and Alanis Morissette playing the main stage).  My only concern is Garbage
and Natalie Imbrooglywoogly are both third billing on Sunday on their
respective stages -- However will I decide who to see?<

confession time: i stood through the whole of Ricky Ross' set that year...
but only cus the manics were gonna be on right afterwards and it meant i
could get to the front. was v. bad though. they've still got the 'give 99p
to the help Ricky Ross' type thing in Fopp where they're tryin to get rid
of his records...
 and how come the camera kept coming down over my head when he was playing
and not when any decent bands were on? 'snot fair.
   i just know i'm gonna end up dashing about all over the place like last
year trying to see as many bands as poss. but not natalie thingy cus
garbage are the most fantastic sexiest gorgeous band at the moment. well,
today anyway...

they're in Q this month too, which leads me on nicely to the fact that my
friend Michael has one of his questions answered in the 'cash for
questions' thing to the Spice Girls. *Be* jealous, Rod...

Message text written by "Keith Watson"
>Debbie, didn't you say you lived in Liberton or something<

um, wheres that then... hehehe. this from someone who got an 'A' in
geography...oh dear. Nah, actually i live in a scummy wee place called
Ratho. which is crap. and is famous only for having the annual Union Canal
jump where people make arses out of themselves by trying to jump over in
with a pole, only to fall in and get eaten by the rats. Blue Peter came
once, y'know... as did Glen Michael's Cavalcade. lovely.

oh, yeh, another mis-heard lyric, i think (but not of the B&S variety,
sorry). Last night i turned on the radio and there was this 'song' playing
by (and i know this wont be how you spell it) DJ PunkRock which sounded
like it said;
"aliens in the bed/ blow bubbles up my arse" (or 'bluebottles up my arse')
Now, surely this can't be right.

Ah, well on that note i think i'd better be going...

love,
Debbie xxx.