Sinister: Fantastic Day (Picnic Heyward)

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Tue May 5 17:28:00 BST 1998

Now, I ain't no poster, Charley... but, for once, I figure I should
shuffle out of the shadows and say something after yesterday's
splendid chip'n'dipfest atop Primrose.

There's little I can add on the highlights front after John and
Trousers' posts, save to blow my own flugelhorn a little and mention
the gallant second place achieved by The Vaselines (my boys, my boys)
in the shambles of a round-robin football thing.  We *did* score the
most goals... ok, ok, so the Golden Boot went to a pre-pubescent
ringer of a winger in a Nike top but everyone's playing imports
thesedays, so what the hell...  Of course, there's no substitute for
experience, and Trousers seemed to be possessed by the spirit of Pat
Nevin...

And the spectacle of an orange-haired Scandanavian displaying the sort
of frisbee-wielding skills that would have won him a spot on World of
Sport not so long ago (had the racing from Uttoxeter been washed out
or something) was precisely the sort of thing I moved to London for.

'Steady', eh ?   I've been called worse... there's a list around here
somewhere....

Mike  xx.