Sinister: thinkin about tigermilk

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Wed May 6 18:30:31 BST 1998

welp.  Interesting debate.  I don't know about you, but if I had a dubbed
copy, eventaully, i would want an actual CD release.  No, not because B&S
look broke and I could charitably help them with royalty fees, but its just
that I want the quality of an actual CD.

To share my story of heartache, I once had a roommate with bad ass music
taste, so i dubbed a lot of her cds onto tapes for my own personal use.
The tapes i used were shitty and after a couple of years, they began to
drag in the tape player.  REM's Murmur is gone to me along with a couple of
others.  Tapes don't last long anyway in endurance and probably have about
10-15 years on them before they start to decay.  The ones in my dubbed
collection still standing sound like shit because of the muffled qualities
of the recordings.  True, I know some of you are audiophiles and have good
equipment, but it's not the same as if you owned something with artwork.
The labels shouldn't hate us because we want to listen.  I'm not going to
stand idly by and tell a friend (if they so offered to dub it for me) no,
that's not right and I'm turning you in to the FBI you communist bastard.
B&S can't be arsed to release it properly and therefore have to suffer from
our love.

We want to live!  We want to live and love!

s.s.