Sinister: Kafka's trials and tribulations

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Wed May 6 19:56:52 BST 1998

PJMiller wrote:

> Kelly, I'm no good for you.

or anyone else come to think of it...

> Enough of this foolishness. ;-). I'd just like to say, don't be put
> off The
> Trial by all that nonsense about it being a metaphor for life. Not a
> jot of
> it. It is in fact top comedy

top notch. The Trial is indeed a grand read. Take a copy wherever you go
and chuckles on buses and trains the world over will be yours forever...
guaranteed. Actually our school drama teacher wrote last years
production based loosely around The Trial. It certainly made as much
sense, and was, if possible, even funnier. Especially the bit where K
lined up in a 'Usual Suspects' type scene and was identified by Vanessa
doing her blind woman routine. A riot, no less. Actually it had almost
bugger all to do with The Trial except the lead character was called K
and it had some theme about struggle and fate and all sorts of stuff i
didn't understand. It was really more about film noir. Nick, who wrote
it, nicked all these lines from old movies. it was hilarious.

Josef K are the best band ever to take their name from a Kafka book. I
bet Stuart Murdoch loves Josef K... well he's into Postcard so he must.
What a sign of class.

keep the faith,

the duke.

PS did all the copies of my postcard count in my total?

--
i'm not brave, i'm not special, i'm not any of those things.

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net