Sinister: galaxie 500/felt

jennifer jlphilli at xxx.edu
Thu May 7 00:24:10 BST 1998

Go for Galaxie 500.  There is no way you can pass up this fine opportunity
to plunk down your well-gifted money.  "listen, the snow is falling" brings
me to tears every time.

Let me also take this time to tell all about the Madison, Wisconsin picnic
that was held on Sunday, May 3.  I was trying to think of brilliantly funny
anecdotes to make this piece exciting, but I'm quite uninspired due to my
present surroundings (university computer lab....some guy playing the
bongos outside the window...)  So anyway, the number in attendance was 3 (
myself included).  The weather was drab and cold and misty.  Lake wind
ensured that our toes were frozen.  We dined on such delicacies as Jumex
tropical fruit pulp (now with a contour can and varying percentages of real
fruit juice), Pims, strawberries and Nutella, a finely crafted potato salad
(not too mustardy....Thanks Doug!), pasta salad with secret ingredients,
and a steady diet of Belle and Sebastian.  Topics of conversation included
Porksicles, old men out looking for a Good Time, and whether anyone else
was going to show up.  All in all, it was a lovely 4 hours.  I went home
utterly frozen on the outside, yet thoroughly warmed on the inside by all
of the good-will that was present.

working on my status as lowest-poster ever,
jennifer