Sinister: Kafka's trials and tribulations

rob b rewb2 at xxx.uk
Thu May 7 08:55:31 BST 1998

On Thu, 7 May 1998, A.M. Horne wrote:

> > Josef K are the best band ever to take their name from a Kafka book.
>

> so how about a strand based on the best band names taken from books (a
> suggestion made in palpable desperation for something interesting to talk
> about)

how about 'rollerskate skinny' - from the great 'catcher in the rye'
that has to be my favourite.  it's how holden describes his sister phoebe.

ah yes, the picnic - it was one of the best afternoons i've had all year,
despite my utterly disastrous football attempts.  i won't bore you with
details that you've heard already though, just to say hi to everyone i met
- you're all lovely people, you know.  i don't think i'll be able to make
the next one :( 'cos of exams and all - let's have more later on in the
summer though.

ah well, things to do
rob

  	            +
	           / \ 		St Theresa's calling her
	          | O |		The church up on the hill
	   _______| _ |         Is looking lovely
	  / /  /\ | __|    \/.	But it doesn't interest
	 /_/\_//_/||##|   ;\|/' The only thing she wants to know
       __|_||_|||_||##|_____|_	Is how and why and when and where to go

   If you're feeling sinister...
	Belle and Sebastian