Sinister: Etcetera! Etcera! Etcetera!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu May 7 09:47:37 BST 1998

First, a big "Yay!" to Ooon's grandmother, who has memories of elephants.
Sorry I haven't replied before, I'm mean-spirited. But I'm sure I speak for
the whole list when I say it'll be great "getting to know you, getting to
know all about you".

Second, a big "Yay!" to Bethey's mum. It must be fantastic to have the
fabulous Joe Strummer shout such a lovely thing at you. I like Joe Strummer,
not because of the Clash, but because of "Mystery Train", where he proves
himself to be a very capable actor. "I mean, I don't call you two Sam and
Dave, do I?" Classic.

I liked Big Country too. The twelve inch mixes were particularly impressive,
bringing out the full magnificence of Stuart Adamson's "SHOUT!" Why do I
think that message was a trick to try and "out" Big Country fans? The tape
had extra tracks. I could draw that compass logo. I now own a tee shirt with
that very logo on it, but all references to Big Country cunningly removed.
They went downhill with "Steeltown" which was a load of rubbish about Scots
in...oh dear, I've forgotten the name of the place...something like Croydon,
but not Croydon. Not to worry, seems like a good time to shut up.

Peter

"Like a lover's voice on a mountainsiiiiiiiiiide"