Sinister: A Funny Thing Happened...

afoley at xxx.com afoley at xxx.com
Thu May 7 13:22:05 BST 1998

Hello again everyone,
Sounds like you people had a great day at the London Picnic on Monday,
sounded like a right craic.  Sorry I couldn't make it, boo hoo, I wanted
to, but I had a bit of an accident whilst in London last Thursday
night.....
....As i was walking through the subway, back to the bus stop by Marble
Arch, I felt the urgent need to empty my bladder, as you do!!  So, I
managed to find a good toilet spot halfway up some steps, right under
Marble Arch, and proceeded to do what a man's got to do, even commenting on
the security camera in the corner, which I noticed when it was far too
late!  As I was finishing up I turned around and noticed some headlights at
the top of the steps.  I could just make out the letters between the
lights.....P..O..L..I..C..E..... I thought, "Oh dear" or words to that
effect, and not wishing to mistaken for impersonating George Michael,
proceeded to run back down the steps, and run for dear life as fast as I
could through the subway, and as I approached the slope leading up to Park
Lane, tripped and fell right over, scuffing my knee, hip and elbow in the
process.  Just my bloody luck!!  Still, I got right back up and continued
to run and managed to evade capture!  Anyway, I'm still in agony as a
result of this, and that is why i couldn't make it to the picnic, but
hopefully the next one will be a go-er.

I notice in this weeks NME B&S got the "How the F**k did they get in?"
award for the Jesus and Mary Chain gig, and also Arab Strap get a bit of a
lambasting in the letters page, oh well, you can't please all of the people
all of the time I suppose.

I notice John mentioned Big Country and their Country Club from the 80's,
oh dear, I also succumbed to this, much to my disbelief today, still I was
only young!
Somebody else asked about embarrasing records, well apart from some Big
Country (they really did seem quite good at the time), I've got a few
classics....Cutting Crew, Curiosity Killed The Cat, even bloody Thriller,
but they're all in extremely good nick, cos they never get played.  God
weren't the 80's just great? ;o)
Which brings me on to Dexy's Midnight Runners, who once appeared on ToTP
miming to Jackie Wilson said, with a bloody great picture of darts legend
Jocky Wilson behind them - bloody great eh?

Anyway, best be off now.
Take care everyone and remember Big Brother is always watching you so be
careful....
Cheers

Ady