Sinister: Re: taureans?

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Thu May 7 18:27:11 BST 1998

I helped bring my friend into her 22nd b-day the other day by going on a
pub crawl of sorts.  Since this is austin, it means going from one dive to
another adorned with picnic tables.  Well, even so we only made it to 2
places before I decided I was going to play the part of God and finish 1
pint of Guinness and 1 pint of Fosters in nearly 30 minutes on top of what
I had already drank..  I'm the sort who easily bragged that I drank such
and such and felt fine afterwards.  I didn't need help walking home, but
one of my friends decided to act as the rudder as I went one place to
another shuffling along.  We got back to their place and I decided I needed
birthday cake.  Lots of it.  30 minutes later, I felt the room spinning,
but not overly ill, but I decided to go into the bathroom just in case.
As to not gross out my audience, i won't finish that part.  I'll just say I
was telling one of my friends not to clean that up because I wouldn't even
touch that, but she blamed herself for me getting drunk.  There speaks a
true friend.    I ended up sleeping over there and getting up at 5 in the
morning to go to work, but it was too much and I drove queasily back to my
house and sat at the table picking at a piece of bread and trying to drink
some water to get rid of the nausea I felt from every movement.

22 does suck.  And I'm a near christmas baby.  I was 22 last year and from
the 1st moment (I was studying in Glasgow and watched as everyone went home
for the holidays when my flight didn't leave until Sunday) until the last
day (in Austin watching the rockabilly band reverend Horton Heat by myself
at a club because everyone had once again gone home for the holidays and I
was in the process of moving back into town) it was all filled with pure
crap.  It had a highlight or two, but I don't even want to go into that.

s.s.