Sinister: burfday banter

Stephanie smfisher at xxx.edu
Thu May 7 22:05:00 BST 1998

Brad wrote:

> > for those that care, i really do share the same birthday as elvis. and
> > david bowie. maybe i'm destined to change the face of music as
> > well....

Yeah, I'm sure everyone cares about this, so I'll tell you--I share a
birthday with Richey Manic and Ralph Fiennes. I don't know what that means
I'm destined to do, though.

And then Nickie wrote:

> pretty crap having christmas and birthday so close together cos there was
> always some scabby relative who would sieze the opportunity to give you one
> poxy present for both occasions and not the two gifts that you craved and
> so rightly deserved....i once got a single pair of socks - one leg for
> birthday, one for christmas - an explanation i was not impressed
> with...still, better than a bag of coal, i s'pose...

That's never happened to me. I get two gifts, but, I think it's better to
celebrate birthdays in the summer, so then you can spread them out over
the year. Also, then you can have better parties. My friend, who's
birthday was in June always had cool outside pool cookout things, when
half of mine were snowed out and it got dark at, like, 4:30, so we
couldn't do anything but stay inside. Or go rollerskating, I used to love
that when I was younger. But I'm getting off on a tangent here.

> and never forget (*cough*) that as capricorns we share the same starsign as
> mr. hunkytrousers himself, gary barlow....hmmm...that being the case fame
> and fortune will surely be mine not to mention a ready wit...and that
> cheeky grin

I didn't know that...something to look forward to in life, i suppose. Fame
and fortune are no doubt the key to happiness, well, maybe not.
I'll be 22 on the 22nd for my next birthday, though. Isn't that supposed
to mean something, like good luck or something like that? Or is it just
bollocks?

Cheers & love,
Stephanie

"I talk to God but the sky is empty"--Sylvia Plath