Sinister: G500 vs Felt

Matthew Neimark mneimark at xxx.com
Thu May 7 22:44:46 BST 1998

This is definitely a tough one.  Both bands were definitely amazing...

Felt were great but also not as consistently good as G500 (they arguably
had a few weak moments).  G500 seemed pretty consistently great.  All
three albums and the extra CD (in the boxset) are solid...but they could
be a bit silly and maybe even cheesy (like the sax in decomposing trees
or blue thunder).

I've said it before and will say it again....if you can find Felt's
Forever Breathes the Lonely Word BUY IT!!!  It's one of the best LPs
I've ever heard.  Other than that, Something Sends me to sleep (their
second (?) single) is classic.

Galaxie 500 are probably the best band to have ever come out of Boston.
Well...them and the magnetic fields.

Matt