Sinister: (NBSC) G500 vs Felt

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Fri May 8 14:25:44 BST 1998

quizzically ethan at monkey.org wrote ...

>> Galaxie 500 are probably the best band to have ever come out of Boston.
>
>> Well...them and the magnetic fields.
>
>you've forgotten the push kings.
>
>right?

Wrong, wrong, wrong ... firstly, logic would suggest that a superlative such
as "the best band to have ever come out of Boston" is restricted to one
award ... secondly, in my humble, but correct, contrary-to-public-opinion
The Magnetic Synths are pretty boring (as is almost anything else involving
Stephin Merritt) and I won't even bother to comment on The Pish Wings ...
thirdly, if you're looking for another brilliant P!O!P! "band to have ever
ever come out of Boston" you should check out The Remains who formed at
Boston University in early 1963.

Finally, nobody mentioned that each disc of the Galaxie 500 box set is
multimedia equipped and provides for the four videos ... I've mailed my
recommendation privately, thanks.

"Everything is gonna burn
 We'll all take turns
 I'll get mine too