Sinister: Re: jane, sassy, mary jo, etc

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Fri May 8 00:47:39 BST 1998

<< every so often i get the urge to lug out all my old school
sassy magazines .... i was outraged when it turned into another ym
clone.. i decided to buy -jane- magazine.. ergg, not as good as sassy>>

too right!!! I LIVED for Sassy as a 15 year old (yeah i know, it was a
small town, friends were scarce)... always dreaded the day i would get
"too old" to be seen reading it and all.  Then it all went horribly
wrong when they were bought out by some LA publication and by that time
i didn't care.
but in the halcyon days of 1990 or so, they had brilliant bits from the
likes of Kim Gordon and Evan Dando, whose best story ever was that his
friend Polly Noonan was looking for a man with the surname of "Knight"
so she could name her firstborn Morning Noonan Knight. (aack I guess you
had to be there)  Also, does anyone remember the "win a Date with Spike
Jonze" contest? and only about 3 people entered, but mind you this was
before he was *the* Spike Jonze.  Jane magazine, however, is... how you
say? merde.

Relieved that I'm not the only who saved my issues of Sassy...

can we call you teri underwear now?
sorry;-)
taralulala