Sinister: pishen lish is trish, a stinky leaf (anag)

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri May 8 11:16:10 BST 1998

Morning pop chums!

Before long I will be winging my way towards the land of the millenium dome,
especially to give you all a chance to catch up in the sad bastard posting
stakes. The galaxy 500 /felt debate looks like challenging Arab Strap's
deserved supremacy in the subject department. I would be inclined to spend
the money on the Marvin Gaye box set, or better still all three complete
Stax box sets. I'm going to be selling some of my less desireable goodies
next week, I wonder how much I'll make and what I can spend it on? Bloody
rubbish, as my dad will no doubt say. I will be sad to see the back of Heavy
Stereo and the Butthole Surfers version of Hurdy Gurdy Man. I have given
Hawkwind a reprieve. It might grow on me one day. I have always regretted
selling my Incredible String Band albums, especially since Chris and
Charlotte started rabbitting on about them like a couple of smelly old
hippies.

Hopefully I will be able to come up to Scotland and stalk Stuart Murdoch
like he did with Lawrence of Denim. I've got a sackful of problem page
letters that I would like to deliver in person so that he can help me. I
hope you are all still sending in your problems, he likes it, you know. I
don't know how I'm going to find him, I'll just have to knock on church
doors and ask the vicar if the verger's a a fey former boxer turned
sensitive singer-songwriter with disconcerted hair.

Wishing you all well,

Peter