Sinister: I wanna be a polar bear

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Fri May 8 20:13:57 BST 1998

Hello Kittens,

I wasn't jealous about the picnic at all.  I had to go back to
Manchester on Monday afternoon, and got back in time to see the best
film I've seen in months, years even.  I think Kelly the Proposer has
already mentioned "Kitchen" but I think any film that makes me break
all concentration and drift off into its world, days after I've seen
it, has got to be something very special indeed.  It's romantic,
funny, beautifully shot, stylish, touching, sad, and I loved it very
very much indeed.  Those far-eastern film-makers are showing the rest
of the world how it's done, and I salute them.

Talking of Kitchens, in a bizarre "this could be a case for Mulderrr
and Scullleeee" scenario, my own kitchen flooded that night.  The
truth is out there.  Or whatever...

Talking of Kitchens, it occured to me that I hadn't voiced my opinion
on the "controversial" bootlegging issue.  There's a very good reason
for that, I don't actually give a toss.

As I was saying, I wasn't jealous about the picnic at all.  Until...I
read of Elisabeth Z's Eurovision renditions.  I trust you'll all be
tuning in.  Eurovision rules.  JJ's coming round for beer, cheese, the
song contest, and the final "Father Ted" episode (which I missed last
week).  Kind of a Pan-european picnic, if you like.  We will be
picking our winners, and putting our arms around the world to touch
our fellow Europeans.  I'm hoping for a repeat of last year's awesome
Icelandic S&M number, which left even Terry Wogan speechless at it's
kinkiness.  Of course, there are injustices - Katrina and the Waves
winning last year and Gina G not winning the year before, but anyone
who saw the heartbreaking events at the Brittania Stadium last week
will know that life is full of such injustices.  Eurovision is a
microcosm of life.

So think of me at 11 o'clock, wetting my pants in excitement as they
announce the scores, not forgetting the Summertime Special dance
troupe during the judging.  Who will be the successor to "Waterloo",
"Poupee de cire poupee de son", "A little peace" and "Let it swing,
and let it rock and roll".  I bet Stuart Murdoch likes Eurovision.

Love Tag xx