Sinister: lots of things that people said

eeyore's tail conform at xxx.edu
Fri May 8 21:30:55 BST 1998

On Fri, 8 May 1998, ahalter wrote:

> first i would like to say that although it is probably not still up for
> debate you should get galaxie500 i had a boyfriend in minneapolis once who
> played them for me a lot of years ago and cautioned me that if i should
> ever find any of their albums to buy them at once because they were out of
> print... i foolishly ignored the boy and went home with 'tugboat' stuck in
> my head we broke up shortly afterwards and i spent the next 2 years
> searching idly for _anything_ by them until i luckily stumbled upon
> selected galaxie500... and i was happy as the school girl i am once
> again...

  oddly enough, the only g500 i have is the tugboat single (on the blue
numbered vinyl, ha ha), and i can't figure out why it's so tough to find
their albums, which were certainly printed in larger quantity than the
single -- 500 for my edition and 2000 total.  if anyone on the list is a
vinyl obsoletist and would like to swap albums for the new
multimedia-and-extra-tracks cds, i figure that's about a fair trade,
value-wise.  mail me.  or if there's something else you're looking for,
let me know.

> i dont have the box set though as i am utterly broke...

  anyone have the joy division box set?  looks smooth.  new order is
coming out with _2_ 11-cd singles box sets.  everyone gets box sets these
days.  last trip to san francisco i picked up a pulp box set, fer
christsakes.

> is a lyric in a capn jazz song (a fantastic screamy emo band from chicago
> which is unfortunately no more) that says 'its something you read in
> sassy...' only the singer is very mumbly so for the longest time i thought
> he was saying 'something something _im_ sassy!' owell...

  for what it's worth, there's a new double cd cap'n jazz anthology that
has everthing they ever did.  it's not a box set, but it's a heckuvalot
cheaper.

  seamus