Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V2 #169

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Sat May 9 00:02:24 BST 1998

> Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 09:52:21 +0100
> From: Chris Leonard <cleonard at xxx.COM>
> Subject: Sinister: This is heroin, mister
>
> The best bit was, after half an hour of arguing my dad saying "is it
an=20
> argument your looking for?  I'll argue if you like".   This totally=20
> confused me and i think i lost.   Big bastard. =20
> So i proclaimed "I'm moving out!" and stormed off, on the huff.
> I suppose I really should have moved out by now anyway.

yeah, that's when you know its time to leave.  Not when people tell you,
but you get this creepy sensation that you're going to be 30, in the attic,
sneaking members of the opposite sex home (or out of the house), and you
have the need to hide things like beer bottles and other adult pleasure
devices even though you know you're not doing anything bad or wrong for
your age.  See?  I think that is a parent's secret trick to getting the
lazy bums out.  They don't just tell you to get out.  Nagging never works.
They just take away all the pleasure of being an adult.  Worked for me.
> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 16:47:39 -0700
> From: Tara Widmer <TWidmer at xxx.com>
> Subject: Sinister: Re: jane, sassy, mary jo, etc
>
> Relieved that I'm not the only who saved my issues of Sassy...
I have one issue of sassy.  It's the one with the story about the mother
who made her daughter strip for a living.