Sinister: galaxie 500

McGuire kmcguire at xxx.com
Fri May 8 09:14:25 BST 1998

sorry if a reply to this post is a bit outdated... i've been in email hell
for quite some time and i hardly get a chance to write my folks much less
the good people of the list. that being said, please please please do
yourself a favour and get a galaxie 500 disc. hell, get the boxed set. g500
are easily in my top five list of bands. thier music has a nice/awful way of
haunting you and calling you back at odd times. 'on fire' is my personal
favourite. if not for the magnific sprawling tercities of 'snowstorm' then
for the lovely/melodic/depressing cover of 'isn't it a pity.' i'm actually
guessing at titles here. i go by track numbers more than song names. anyone
else do that? i find track number three to be a lucky number on albums. when
i get a new disc i usually go straight to track three to see if the record
is any good. maybe that doesnt make sense and maybe it takes the fun out of
the linear chronology of the concept album, but i do it all the same. i'm
going to go to sleep now due to the fact that this post has suddenly made me
feel strange. hey... strange... thats my favourite g500 song. see? the songs
just come back at odd times. wow. that sounded contrived... i'm gonna go
down to the drug store and go out back and take a coke then stand in line
and eat my twinkies... i'll stand in line, i'm sure i'll have to wait.

-kelly ryan mcguire