Sinister: is america stuck in the 80s?

Delaware9 Delaware9 at xxx.com
Sun May 10 14:11:31 BST 1998

NO!!!  Not Dawson's Creek! for those who have never had the "pleasure," this
is the dumbest, fakest show on TV.  OK, some of it is probably accurate, for
example, the utter vapidness of the students, but as for the rest of it, give
me a break...

As much as I try to avoid them, I believe our hi skool dances usually have
some stupid DJ with a bunch of records like "The Electric Slide" and
"Macarena" and wonderful dancey stuff like that...I dont know abt stuff from
the 80s, but "trash" seems to be the best all-emcompassing term...there was a
dance on Friday night with music played by 3 high skool bands, but that was
all of the "punk" and/or "ska" variety, as if these people really knew what
either of the 2 were.

Dawson's Creek is so bad cos, like all TV series, I suppose, the kiddies
always have some major crisis conveniently solved in one hour episode...while
we sit in my ugly windowless cardboard box of a skool with the principals
toting walkie-talkies around in case someone tries to do something like -gasp-
go to the bathroom without a pass!!

In other words, don't take it very seriously...please :)

Jess