Sinister: bad American TV

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Mon May 11 19:50:07 BST 1998

Kristen <Kayemess at aol.com> said:
<<Really, if I'm going to watch Aaron Spelling shows, I want them to be
about vindictive supermodels and spoiled teenagers, not a perfect
family.  >>
"Savannah" anyone??? That show was a complete schlock masterpiece!!
Never before had tv been so predictable, irredemably pointless and
unintentionally (?) hilarious... Aaron Spelling had something to do with
it, obviously ... any show that is on the WB Channel and still manages
to get some of the poorest ratings on its network is in some way
remarkable.

"My So-Called Life..." hmm.. okay it's alright, but *I* for one found it
slightly overrated... perhaps it's a jealousy thing but I never really
got Angela's deal.  She didn't seem to have it all that bad compared to
my own teen years.... She had cool friends, decent parents and the most
popular boy in school. (yeah boohoo poor me yadda yadda)

Hey!! I met two sinisterine people over the weekend, i.e. the only belle
and sebastian fans i've met who i've not actually converted myself... my
inebriated banter permitted me to make such illuminating comments as:
"Hallo...soooo you're on Sinister? well I guess you must be nice then!"
and "I spent an hour back-combing my hair.. you see, I like really BIG
hair..." urgh :*) twas nice anyway.

ta ra, Tara