Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V2 #172

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Tue May 12 23:59:02 BST 1998

Adrian wrote,

>>Oh I think I can just about top that, how does the theme tune to Auf
>>Wiedersehen Pet sound to you, or all bar the last Alarm album, Queens =
>>Flash Gordon lp ?.=20
>
>How dare you slate the Flash Gordon Soundtrack !! You should be ashamed.

I am ashamed, i'm ashamed I own it.

Rod Begbie wrote,

>> [Brendan O'Hare]
>> I can't remember whether he walked from Teenage Fanclub or was sacked by
>> them as well, it was a while ago and my memory isn't the best at the....
>> err.. best of times. He was the drummer in TFC though.
>
>Sacked for always being late/drunk/out of control.  So they got Muppet
>Paul in instead.

Who should have been sacked in turn for once being a member of whisper it
.... The Soup Dragons. Incidently, it might not of been a book..... I don't
know though maybe they did bring a book out, but they got their name from
The Clangers.

>> rodddddddddddddd's spice girls 'review' is in melody maker this week!
>
>:)  I think you are officially the only person in the world who still
>reads MM.  If it wasn't for the fact that my review was in, I wouldn't
>have paid 90p for 48 pages!

I buy it but after flicking through it quickly sling it to one side to be
forgotten about. I saw your review today, have you no shame man ?. What
possesed you to go to a Spice Girls shindig ?.

Gary