Sinister: horsie dreams

Lindsay Sworski lsworski at xxx.edu
Thu May 14 20:44:03 BST 1998

i have this awful book from 1938 titled "the complete dream book" so i
went to see about that dream of horses...

"Dreaming of a black horse is unlucky for a married woman as it denotes
unfaithfullness on the part of her husband.
Brood mares indicate companionship and connubial happiness.
Being kicked by a horse is a sign that the object of your affection will
do something to make you realize that you have made a mistake.
Having a horse shod is a good omen for lovers, both married and single."
[who writes this shit!!]

then again, if she dreampt of a mare...

"If a young woman dreams of seeing mares in lush, green pastures, she
may expect a marriage without regrets and children who will do credit to
her and her husband."

looks like we need some more details on the dream, Stuart.

then again, my roommate told me that a dream about horses is a dream
about sex just like car dreams and flying dreams - so she started
singing "Lena and her dream of driving" and i sang "Lindsay and her
dream of flying" and we ran around prancing like horses.

fill in your own locomotive blank
and we all know the dream was far too sweet to ever discern!

has anyone ever pictured what the dream was like?
or had an image in their mind with any other song for that matter?

   lindsay   lindsay   lindsay    lindsay