Sinister: Pigeonholing B&S

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Fri May 15 15:02:09 BST 1998

Chris wrote:
> would y'all describe B&S? I came up with Indie - folk - pop last night,

	Are you looking for a short 3-word descriptor? Because if you are,
you're bound to put some people off. If you were looking for that, I
suppose Indie - folk - pop is the best thing one could come up with. If
you wanted one of those "(Band X) meets (Band Y)" formulae, I think the
same problems apply. However, B&S don't fit well into any formula I can
conceive. I'm sure it would involve lots of plus or minuses, absolute
numbers, etc.

> which didn't seem to impress the three skate dudes that we'd picked up..

	Somehow that's not hard to imagine. However, I'm not going to
categorize skaters, as I wouldn't be surprised if there were some who
did like B&S, and indeed were on this very list. Well, it's
imaginable...

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com